Dear Parents,With the blessings of Almighty Allah another new academic year has begun. We welcome all the students back to school and look forward to another fulfilling and rewarding year. The 2008 SSC results have been satisfactory. 91% of the students passed out with satisfactory scores. We wish them the very best for their future.
This year is special for all those associated with Sunrise because we step into our 50th year of standing. Yes!! Sunrise has completed 50 years of service to Education and the community. We thank God, all our students, the parents and well-wishers who have made this possible. We all hope that your support and cooperation will continue in the future too.
We, at Sunrise, in the pursuit of excellence and as part of providing the best possible structure for the growth and betterment of students are introducing many new aspects.
* Arabic Language * Library session * Computer Lab * Website * Ijtemah session * Value Education * Open Days
With regard to this, Sunrise has initiated a “free of expenses” programme of Arabic language learning. The classes will start on 01-07-08, three days a week-Mon, Tue, Wed 3.00-4.00pm. We expect the students to participate and utilize this opportunity to learn the language. We want your support and expect students to actively participate and utilize this opportunity to learn the language. Further details can be had from the office.
A library session has been set aside for the kids to inculcate the habit of reading. Parents are requested to continue this habit at home also. Please spend quality time with your child and communicate with him in simple English even at home. That will hone their communication skills.
We are encouraging students to use the computer to better understand the use of technology in a modern world. The computer lab has been upgraded and now has state-of-the-art equipment with wi-fi capabilities and internet access. The students can utilize this for their study and overall growth apart from their assigned 3 periods/week.
This year marks the launching of our website as well. Please visit this site regularly to get updates and to provide feedback.
The school has also introduced the subject of Value Education. This is keeping in mind the degradation of moral values among children.
The high school students have an Ijtemah session every Saturday for 40 min. immediately after school. This is a part of Islamic Education.
Every Saturday is an OPEN DAY for parents to visit the school and enquire about your child’s progress, before 10am, throughout the year.
Advice to parents
* Many children are found to absent themselves on a Saturday. This is irresponsible behaviour on the part of the parents. Every working day is important.
* Please see that your child reaches school before 8:30 am to avoid being sent back home. See that the books, pencil box and bag are neatly maintained.
* Help the child with the homework daily. Check the school diary daily.
* Stress on a neat handwriting. If no homework is given, it means that the child is expected to learn all the answers/practice the math given. Your cooperation will be highly appreciated and your efforts now will be rewarded in the long run.
* Since Telugu is a compulsory language, the child should concentrate and learn the language. This will help the child in getting a good percentage in the SSC exam.
* This will help the child in more improved results in the exams.
Our children need your constant attention and support to build their confidence. Hope this 50th new academic year of Sunrise will be a cause of good cheer and academic achievements as we move forward in the pursuit of excellence.
Mrs. Adeeb Muneer